By Luc Albuisson
DMIS Star Staff
As we head into Thanksgiving Day and a long weekend of celebration with friends and family, there’s all sorts of fun stuff to do in and around Denver. We offer these recommendations:
Go to the movies
If you are planning to see a movie over the Thanksgiving break you might like to know what viewers and critics are saying. A great site to visit for movie reviews is www.rottentomatoes.com. Some flicks worth checking out are:
- “The Adventures of Tintin” Rated PG.
- “Happy Feet Two” Rated PG.
- “Jack and Jill Rated“ Rated PG.
- “Arthur Christmas” Rated PG.
- “The Muppets” Rated PG.
Some mountain ski areas have already opened, and many people have traveled there. Although maybe not all the runs will be open, you can get in some practice before ski season is in full swing. Here are some of the mountains that are open during Thanksgiving:
- Arapahoe Basin
- Copper Mountain
- Winter Park
- Wolf Creek
Visit the zoo!
Another cool thing to see is at the Denver Zoo. The Denver Zoolights are at the zoo during the night. You’ll see many statues made out of colorful lights. Although there are no animals, there are many amazing light statues that will blow your mind. You can buy tickets online at DenverZoo.com, or you can buy once you get to their ticket office. It is an amazing attraction you will never forget.
Ask your family to try a new restaurant
If you are planning to dine out somewhere but don’t know where to go, these are restaurants worth trying:
- The White Chocolate Grill has many great reviews and a casual décor. It has very comfortable seats, which is necessary for a good restaurant. It has food specials 2-7 p.m., weekdays, and 2-5 p.m. on weekends. It is located in Park Meadows at 8421 Park Meadows Center Dr., Lone Tree, CO 80124.
- Another great restaurant is Steuben’s. It is an American-style diner with killer milkshakes. Steuben’s even has a truck that delivers lunch from the Steuben’s menu. On their website, you can even see where the truck is. Guy Fieri from Diner’s Drive in’s and Dives has even been to the restaurant on his show. If you walk in, you can see the mark he leaves on every restaurant he visits. Steuben’s is located at 523 East 17th Ave., Denver, CO 80203.
Catch a great game — or parade